Wednesday, May 26, 2010
I decided to try Kraft's Parmesan Asiago Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing and loved it! Try this delicious lunch idea using this dressing.
Loaded Pita Sandwich
2 pieces Greek Flat Bread (pita bread will also work, but it isn't nearly as good)
4 slices of your favorite deli meat (I used Ham)
1/4 Cucumber, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 avocado sliced
1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1-2 T Mayo
1-2 T Light Parmesan Asiago Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
1- Warm your flat bread in the microwave for 30 seconds.
2- Spread 1 T mayo on top of each
3- Top with meat, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, avocado and mozzarella.
4- Drizzle with dressing and fold in half to eat.
5- Share with a friend and enjoy!!!
p.s. if you want to take this sandwich with you do all the prep work except adding the dressing and lettuce. Take dressing and lettuce on the side and add right before eating!
Friday, May 21, 2010
We loved the margarita flavors in this meal, especially because the salad and the stir-fry were slightly similar, but enough different that you weren't over whelmed by the margarita flavor. We also served this with Mango Margaritas. Mix margarita mix, mango nectar (we like the Jumex brand at Walmart for 1.00 for a 33.8 oz container!), and ice in a blender at about a 1:2:1 ratio.
Grilled Margarita Chicken Salad
1/2 C non-alcoholic margarita mix (frozen or liquid)
1/4 C olive oil
2 T white vinegar
4 boneless chicken breasts
6 cups assorted salad greens
1 C sliced strawberries
1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
1 medium mango, peeled and sliced
1/4 C fresh cilantro
1. Mix margarita mix, olive oil and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk until combined. Reserve half. Pour the remaining dressing over chicken breasts and allow to marinate overnight in the fridge.
2. Grill chicken for 15-20 minutes over medium heat or until no longer pink inside.
3. Cut the chicken into slices. On 4 plates, arrange lettuce. Top with sliced chicken, strawberries, mango and avocado. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Margarita Chicken Stir-fry
1/2 C non-alcoholic margarita mix
1/4 C olive oil
2 T white vinegar
4 boneless, chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 T butter
1/2 green pepper cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 yellow pepper cut into bite-size pieces
1 T finely chopped cilantro
2 C cooked jasmine rice
1. Mix margarita mix, olive oil and vinegar. Reserve half. Allow chicken to marinate in remaining dressing overnight. (I marinated both this and the chicken for the salad at the same time.)
2. In an nonstick pan melt butter. Add chicken and stir fry until juices run clear. Remove from pan.
3. In same pan stir fry green peppers 2-4 minutes until they are tender but still have a bite to them. Add chicken, cilantro and remaining dressing. Cook until heated through.
4. Serve over warm jasmine rice
Saturday, May 1, 2010
I had a coupon for these new Almond Joy Pieces so I thought I would check them out... Big Fan! (As is my husband and kids). I wanted to try making cookies with them, so if you happen to see them at your local grocer, grab a bag and try this recipe. Just be sure to use them Before you stick the bag in the pantry... they won't last long!
Chewy Almond Joy Cookies
1 C White sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
1 C butter (2 sticks)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 C flour
2 C Whole oats
1 C shredded coconut
2 C Almond Joy Pieces
1- Preheat oven to 400.
2- Beat together sugars, butter and vanilla until well mixed. Add in eggs one at a time.
3- In a separate bowl stir together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add to butter mixture.
4- Stir in oats, coconut and Almond Joy Pieces
5- Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool on wire rack.