Whew... I just returned home from a fantastic vacation to Utah to visit family. Since I haven't been shopping yet, dinner is going to be an easy one. Most of the ingredients for this delicious taco soup, should be in your pantry. (I hope they are in mine!!) Enjoy!
Emily's Corner Taco Soup
4 C water
4 chicken bouillon cubes (or 4 tsp bouillon granules)
1 can Black Beans, drained
1 can Corn, drained
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
2 C cooked and shredded chicken (you can use canned chicken if you are really in a hurry)
2 T dried onion (or fresh if you prefer)
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1 cooked rice *hint: When you cook rice for a meal make 1-2 cups extra. Place 1 cup of cooked rice in a Ziploc bag and place in the freezer. When you need rice quickly, grab the bag out of the freezer, pop it in the microwave for a few minutes and Wallah, you have rice fit for a meal.
1 C cheddar cheese, grated
1. Boil water, add bouillon and allow to dissolve.
2. Turn to Med. low heat and add all remaining ingredients except the cheese. Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
3. Add cheese, stir until melted.
4. Serve with sour cream and corn bread.
1 C flour
1 C cornmeal
1 T baking powder
1/4 C sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/8 C milk
1/4 C vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix dry ingredients together. Combine milk, egg and oil in a separate bowl.
3. Add milk mixture to dry mixture and stir just until moist.
4. Pour in a 8x8 glass baking dish that has been well greased.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Do not over bake!